USA retirement visa information

Check our exchange rates

Fast, reliable, safe and secure
Next step

Thank you

One of our friendly team will be in touch shortly.
If your requirement is urgent please call us on 0800 041 8031

Large Money Transfers

At Regency FX we help you achieve the most from the currency you are converting to finance your retirement in the USA. Individuals can apply for a retirement visa; the USA SRRV (Special Resident Retirees’ Visa) and the visa requirements are explained below.

As an independent currency specialist, we have lower overheads than the banks enabling us to pass on the savings to you which will be a great benefit when applying for your retirement visa.

We can also discuss and agree on the right time to exchange your money rather than using a bank or online-only system and having to accept the rate they give you on the day. So, if you’re considering a USA SRRV visa, Regency FX is guaranteed to get you the best rates on the day.

Get a Quote Today

USA Retirment Visas - Information

Have you ever thought about retiring in the USA? Well, I am going to give you the information you need on obtaining a USA visa as it is one of the first things you will need to do.

How much is a US retirement visa?

For a family-based immigrant visa the fee is $325 per individual. The investor visa is $345 because of the processing fees during the process; you cannot get your money back on these fees even if you do not end up getting the visa.

For people that apply through US Embassy in London they there is a good chance that you pay the fees in GBP the same day that you are sorting all of this out; for any other ways of applying then the fee must be paid in USD before.

Get a Quote Today

What specific visa do you need?

There is more than one visa, so I am going to explain them to you so you know what visa it is that you might require.

The first is the family-based immigrant visa this is more the people that want to spend their time in the USA after they have finished working and if they are not already a citizen or permanent resident. To be eligible for this visa you need to have an immediate family member that is a US citizen or permanent resident to sponsor you.

The second type of visa is the EB-5 investor visa. This will be the better route for someone that does not have any family living in the USA. For this visa you must make an investment in a qualifying commercial enterprise of a minimum of £645,000 ($900,000) in rural areas. Any other areas require a minimum of £1,290,000 ($1,800,000)!

The money that you are required to invest for this visa must not be borrowed, you must have this money yourself, which might make it even harder to obtain this visa. The investment you make is requires creating 10 full-time jobs for US citizens within two years of making the investment. This visa can seem tricky to obtain, especially if you do not know much about it.

Get a Quote Today

What is the timeframe when getting the visa?

Timeframe can change depending on the visa and the circumstances; for a perfect application that goes to plan then you are looking at around 6 weeks for everything to process through. It is not unknown for some visas to take months or years to complete.

It is especially important that you sort out your visa before planning to retire over in the USA as without it you will not be able to!

Get a Quote Today

How to apply?

For either of the visas that I have mentioned, the application is the same for both.

You need to hand in a completed application form with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) either by post or online. Another alternative would be to hand it in to the US Embassy in London. As well as this, there are required documents that you will need for the application, and you will need to pay the fee. There is a high chance that you will have to go to a medical exam and an interview before it can be processed any further.

Get a Quote Today

What documents are required?

You will need:

  • Your birth certificates
  • Your valid passport
  • Recent photos of you
  • Police certificate from the UK
  • Marriage or adoption certificates (if necessary)
  • Appointment letter and courier confirmation page
  • Court, prison, or military records (if necessary)
  • Affidavit of Support completed by your sponsor

The only additional documents that you would need is proof that you have the funds for the investment (for the investment visa).

Who are we?

Regency FX are a UK based independent currency broker, specialising in high volume transfers.

We pride ourselves on our premium level of customer service, you will be allocated your own personal account manager whom you will have direct access to.

All funds transferred through Regency FX are made using client segregated accounts in accordance with the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) guidelines.

Get a free quote today!

The important thing is the comparison, online rates shown on Google and other search engines are not always accurate for the consumer.

They can often refer to the rates that banks exchange at rather than what is available to you, the customer.

Even if you are just looking for property at this stage it is worth getting in touch to discuss your options.

We can monitor the market on your behalf enabling you to budget more effectively.

As a first-class currency transfer service, here at Regency FX we endeavour to get the best available rate regardless of how much you are transacting.

Get a quote and see how we stack up.